SMSPS/PRI/Corress/ 2020-21/01 Date : 04:04:2020
Subject: COVID-19 - Stay Safe
Dear Parents and Students
Writing this in the interest of health and safety of all and with the reference to Circular dated 3rd April 2020 received from CBSE, containing following information of initiatives of the Government, pertaining the joint measures to be undertaken to enhance body’s internal defense system.
1. Arogya Setu App
Arogya Setu App has been developed to fight against COVID-19. This App can be downloaded from the link http://cbse.nic.in/newsite/attach/Lightcandle_03042020.pdf
2. Light Candle at 9.00 p.m for 9 minutes on 5th April 2020.
As addressed by the Hon’ble Prime Minister to the Nation on 3rd April 2020, students, teachers, other staff of the school and their family members may light a candle, diya or torch of their mobile for 9 minutes at 9 PM on 5th April, 2020 Sunday at their HOUSES to realise the power of light and to highlight the objective for which the whole nation is fighting together.
Kindly avoid assembling in colonies or roads or outside your houses.
3. Protocol for immunity boosting: Ministry of AYUSH has developed a protocol for immunity boosting measures for self care of kids. A detailed brochure of the same is enclosed for the use of students, teachers, other staff and their family members. This brochure may be downloaded from the link http://cbse.nic.in/newsite/attach/BrochureofAYUSHMinistry_03042020.pdf Please shared it all you are in touch with.
Ministry of AYUSH recommends the following self-care guidelines for preventive health measures and boosting immunity with special reference to respiratory health. These are supported by Ayurvedic literature and scientific publications.
1. Drink warm water throughout the day.
2. Daily practice of Yogasana, Pranayama and meditation for at least 30 minutes as advised by Ministry of AYUSH (#YOGAatHome #StayHome #StaySafe)
3. Spices like Haldi (Turmeric), Jeera (Cumin), Dhaniya (Coriander) and Lahsun (Garlic) are recommended in cooking.
Ayurvedic Immunity Promoting Measures
1. Take Chyavanprash 10gm (1tsf) in the morning. Diabetics should take sugar-free Chyavanprash.
2. Drink herbal tea/decoction (Kadha) made from Tulsi (Basil), Dalchini (Cinnamon), Kalimirch (Black pepper), Shunthi (Dry Ginger) and Munakka (Raisin) – once or twice a day.Add jaggery (natural sugar) and /or fresh lemon juice to your taste, if needed.
3. Golden Milk- Half teaspoon Haldi (turmeric) powder in 150 ml hot milk – once or twice a day.
Simple Ayurvedic Procedures
1. Nasal application – Apply sesame oil/coconut oil or Ghee in both the nostrils (PratimarshNasya) in the morning and evening.
2. Oil pulling therapy- Take 1 tablespoon sesame or coconut oil in the mouth. Do not drink, Swish in the mouth for 2 to 3 minutes and spit it off followed by a warm water rinse. This can be done once or twice a day.
During dry cough / sore throat
1. Steam inhalation with fresh Pudina (Mint) leaves or Ajwain (Caraway seeds) can be practiced once in a day.
2. Lavang (Clove) powder mixed with natural sugar/honey can be taken 2-3 times a day in case of cough or throat irritation.
3. These measures generally treat normal dry cough and sore throat. However, it is best to consult doctors if these symptoms persist.
Principal, S M S Public School Barara